MARCH 2017 UPDATE
Construction of Hillsdale Drive Extension began June 30, 2016, and will be complete in October 2017. Here’s what to expect while construction is underway:
- Work zones will be clearly marked.
- Access will be maintained for bus stops, businesses and pedestrians.
- Lane closures will not be permitted during peak hour timeframes of Monday-Friday from 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. and weekends except with permission from the city of Charlottesville.
- Lane closures will occur during non-peak hours.
- People will be notified of changing conditions through email updates and traffic alerts provided to the media.
- If you would like to receive periodic updates during construction, please provide your email address here.
TRAFFIC ALERT - Effective April 24, 2017
Construction Update #8
Construction Update #7
Construction Update #6
Construction Update #5
Construction Update #4
Construction Update #3
Construction Update #2
Construction Update #1
For construction information for the Route 29 Corridor,
see Route 29 Projects.